Wednesday 31 January 2007

Second warmest January since records began!

Despite that cold spell we had last week, the Met Office have announced today that this January's average temperature is 5.9oC - the second warmest January since UK-wide records began in 1914. According to the BBC website yellow roses have been blooming in Tyneside....

Thinking about it, it was rather odd that I had to chuck a daddy long-legs outside when I got home from school this evening... Not what you expect in January!

And while we're on the subject of global warming and climate change...
One of the four parcels I received today contained some impressive posters for the Ice Edge competition I mentioned a while back. The idea is that teams of 2-4 students come up with an interesting and original idea to save the planet... And if your idea's the best, you win a trip to the Arctic! HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE?!

Check out the competition's website: http://www.iceedge.co.uk/docs/home.php and get your thinking caps on!! The competition's stiff - there are twice as many teams registered now as when I first posted about the competition... But if I know you lot, your ideas will be up there with the best of them!! Come and see me if you want to know any more...

1 comment:

Alan Parkinson said...

I hope that daddy long legs was OK..