Monday 15 October 2007

Blog Action Day

Today is Blog Action Day - the aim is to get bloggers all around the world posting about the same issue - THE ENVIRONMENT.

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day

We hear stories about the environment every day in the news... melting sea ice, carbon footprints, renewable energy, extreme weather events, resources running out, deforestation, animals becoming extinct, food miles, packaging, the list goes on... Many of the posts on Geogtastic have been about environmental issues and we're increasingly being told that we should be recycling, composting, walking to work/school, buying British food, switching off lights, etc.

So... over to you... Leave a comment about the environmental issues YOU'RE concerned about... ARE you concerned about the environment? Which issue worries you most? What do you to to help the environment? What else could you do??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm concerned about plastic. I'm concerned about all the problems that plastic creates, from the initial drilling for oil through the end of its life, which is really no end because plastic is not biodegradable and never goes away.

I blog about plastic, the plastic in my own life, and finding alternatives to it at my blog, http://www.fakeplasticfish.com. That's what I do!

Miss Ellis said...

Hi Beth, thank you for your comment... Your blog looks great and I will be exploring more when I have time!