Wednesday 4 July 2007

Busy!!

Apologies for the lack of posts recently...

Yesterday I was in Leeds, listening to Edexcel trying to sell their new A level course which will be ready for teaching from September 2008... If any of you, especially those who've just finished A levels or might be thinking of A level Geography in the next couple of years, are short of something to do and fancy having a look at the new specs, I'd be interested to hear what you have to say! You can find them by visiting the exam board websites (Edexcel, AQA, OCR, WJEC) or come and see me...

I also had a trip down to London last week, for an excellent course about Google Earth, run by GE guru Noel Jenkins... I learnt lots, and also had chance to play with a fantastic "space navigator" . Now that (I hope!) we have Google Earth on the network, 7RPr will be having a chance to find out a bit more about it...

On Saturday, I was at the University of Leeds, for the 21st Century Geography Conference - some really interesting lectures (including regeneration/rebranding in Leeds, and avalanche risk in Iceland), and great to meet up with fellow geography teachers... What I saw of the Geography Department at Leeds looked excellent - worth checking out for those of you thinking of Geography at university!

No comments: